Tuesday 13 November 2012

supreme x comme des garcons pickup

Yesterday was a pretty big day. Just over a fortnight ago, I purchased the below t-shirt from a nice guy on the internet super-highway. After being delayed by the hurricane in New York and being held by customs (I'll get to that...) I was able to pick her up.

Supreme x Comme Des Garcons SHIRT Polkadot T-shirt S/S '12
This particular t-shirt is one of my personal holy grail (most sought-after) items from the brand. I've always thought it was absolutely gorgeous in photographs and to be honest - in person, it's even more so. It's a size medium - which proved irritatingly hard to find on the internet amist a sea of size S, L and XL - and fits absolutely beautifully. The tags on her check out, and the guy was nice enough to supply a Supreme NY bag.

The collaboration between New York's Supreme and Japanese giants Comme des Garçons brand comes is a fusion of two significant design focus points from the two brands. On Comme des Garçons end - the polkadots are taken from what I can only presume is their CDG PLAY line of polkadot T-shirts and of course, Supreme's notorious box logo. I love the polkadots on this - although I do like the CDG Play shirts, I think the actual dots are too big and intrusive. The design on this shirt is nice and spread out. Noticable, yet subtle.

I woke up on yesterday morning to a notice from Parcelforce regarding a customs fee. Annoyingly, yet expectedly, I would have to pay it to gain access to my item. It seems customs held it for 5 days before notifying me I had to pay. I thought, sod that. I'm not paying online and waiting 5 days for it to process and deliver, I'm going to pick it up, so that's what I did! I phoned up Parcelforce and spoke to an insanely depressed sounding man, which lead to this tweet from Parcelforce.

I have to give huge credit to Android & Google Now here - online, I entered the postcode to the Parcelforce depot, north of Birmingham and set on my way to the train station. Shortly after, I received a notification from Google Now on my phone. It displayed the quickest way to reach this location, provided all the information about directions, platforms etc.. as the image displayed. It did all this while tracking where I was in real-time and adjusted the information accordingly. Even with turn-by-turn voice navigation!

I was insanely impressed and fanboyed out a lot - simply because this is the first time I had experienced true Google Now on my barely functional and modified HTC Sensation. Today should be one of the last days I am using my Sensation - as it's Nexus 4 release day and I am hoping to cop one in about an hour or so! I'm pretty stoked to experience pure Android. I could go on, but that's a story for my next post...





I enjoyed my day yesterday - sure, I could have paid the fee online and waited for a later delivery, but my impatience and lack of things to do provoked me to enjoy a long train journey to the otherside of town. Besides, who doesn't love a long train journey?


2 comments: